Education. Discipline. Simplicity. Freedom.
This blog exists to help millennials in Canada and the U.S. improve financial freedom:
- Freedom from money-related anxiety and stress
- Freedom to use your time and energy as you see fit
- Freedom to give and make the world a better place
We Have a Problem
- Money is the #1 source of stress in the U.S and Canada, exceeding health, relationship and job-related stress.
- Over 50% of people in North America are living paycheck to paycheck.
- Personal finance is not taught in schools.
I believe everyone in the U.S and Canada has the ability to improve freedom, happiness, and fulfillment through proper money management. Life is hard enough without financial stressors.
Outcomes and decisions are different. A good outcome that results from a bad decision can breed overconfidence, posing a danger to future investment success.
I love the idea of Financial Independence and pursue it myself. But I think there is one big issue with the FIRE movement.
Learn about the forced savings method so that you can save with simplicity.