TFSA vs. RRSP vs. Taxable Comparison Calculator
What investment account do I fill first? Locate assets to minimize your tax bill and maximize long-term wealth.
What It Does:
- Shows, through example, how after tax wealth changes depending on the account you use to invest.
- I use this tool to model after-tax wealth to see if I should contribute to the TFSA, RRSP, and taxable accounts.
- Helps to understand unique cases where a taxable account can be better than an RRSP.
What You Need to Do:
- Make it your own: Save to your Google Drive or download an excel copy.
- Tinker with current and expected tax rates in retirement to see which accounts maximize after-tax wealth.
- Tax rates in retirement are uncertain!