TFSA vs. RRSP vs. Taxable Comparison Calculator
What investment account do I fill first? Locate assets to minimize your tax bill and maximize long-term wealth.
What It Does:
- Shows, through example, how after tax wealth changes depending on the account you use to invest.
- My goal is to help you make decisions on how to prioritize contributions to the TFSA, RRSP, and taxable accounts in a way that maximizes after-tax wealth. This was a tool I used for myself. I am sharing it.
- Helps to understand unique cases where a taxable account can be better than an RRSP.
What You Need to Do:
- Make it your own: Save to your Google Drive or download an excel copy.
- Tinker with current tax rate and expected tax rate in retirement to see which accounts maximize after-tax wealth.